Monday, March 17, 2014

Just a Word - Alzheimer's


Just a Word is a book about the crushing realization of what happens when someone you love is diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.

Just a Word Alzheimer's

The most fascinating aspect of this book is that it reads very fast; and if, you are an Alzheimer's Care Partner you might find your heart pounding during certain real life episodes during the book.

Written by Rose Lamatt, this is a real life story that includes many of Rose's secret thoughts as she travels along a 14 year journey with her friend Carol.

I like this book because it made me think. Think about what I might be facing in the years ahead as an Alzheimer's caregiver for my mother, Dotty.

I found myself wondering what I would do if I found myself in situations similar to what Rose was facing?

The book helped me to prepare for the likely future and to develop strategies I would use when the time came.

The book reads like a wonderfully written play with the obvious sad conclusion.

One thing for certain this book is a lot more than Just a Word.



To learn more about Alzheimer's and Dementia care visit the Alzheimer's Reading Room

No comments:

Post a Comment